Senior Algorithm Engineer
We are a security, technology start-up with corporate headquarters in Armonk, NY (Westchester County) and R&D and Manufacturing location in Boxborough, MA. As a Senior Algorithm Engineer, you will be part of a larger team of manufacturing, mechanical and software engineers, developing our next generation of solutions, as well as improve existing products. Key tasks will be research and development of optimal algorithms for automated threat recognition (ATR) within 3-D Computed Tomography images of baggage. We are searching for a key researcher to join our fast-paced environment to further the company’s success. For information on IDSS, please visit www.idsscorp.net.
Responsibilities and Characteristics:
• Research and develop optimal algorithms for automated threat recognition (ATR) within 3-D Computed Tomography images of baggage.
• Identify weak performance areas and build algorithms to improve detection and false alarm rates
• Assist in the estimation, prioritization, planning, and coordination of test activities
• Work closely with Development to coordinate and complete automated, functional, regression, security, performance, load/scale, integration, system, usability, acceptance, and end-to-end endurance testing prior to release into production
• Record, document, and compare test findings to expected results
• Travel to customer test facilities and conferences as needed
• Collaborate with development and QA to implement and test robust algorithms that meet performance requirements.
• Support the generation of technical proposals and reports
• Participate in team meetings, planning activities, and complete assigned deliverables.
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with strong focus on image processing, computer vision, and machine learning
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on industrial experience in image processing and machine learning
• Excellent skills in C++, Matlab and Python
• Strong Math and Statistical Analysis skills
• Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized, with a can-do attitude
• Must be eligible for security clearance at the Secret level
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Person
• Experience with software development under a Linux environment
• Experience with software revision control
• Work experience with ATR algorithms, especially in 3D CT data
• Experience with CT image reconstruction is a strong plus
• Experience with deep learning algorithms is a strong plus
• Experience with GPU programming is a strong plus
• Experience with writing technical proposals, especially for government agencies
Meet Some of IDSS's Employees
Director, Software Development
Daniel spearheads the company’s software and user interface strategy to keep software and engineering development moving forward. He also makes sure all plans and projects align with customer needs.
Back to top