We are a security, technology start-up with corporate headquarters in Armonk, NY (Westchester County) and R&D and Manufacturing location in Boxborough, MA. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of a larger team of manufacturing, electrical and software engineers, developing our next generation of solutions as well as improving existing products. In addition to performing key mechanical design tasks, you will be supporting the engineering team by assisting with documentation and improving our design process. We are searching for a flexible team member to join a fast-paced environment to further the company’s success. For information on IDSS, please visit www.idsscorp.net.
Responsibilities and Characteristics:
• Create mechanical concepts drawings and detailed 3D models
• Self-starter – driving the overall product design
• Design experience for the full product development lifecycle (concept through production and support)
• Prototype and Production Cost Estimation
• Document control and management
• Machine shop and prototyping
• Design for various manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication etc.
• Ability to problem solve with excellent attention to details
• Mentor Jr. engineers and interns
• 3-5 or more years of related professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Advanced SolidWorks user
• Experience with Arena PLM a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with complex product development (electro-mechanical/software) in a regulated industry environment (such as Military/Aerospace/Automotive) a plus
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Person
Meet Some of IDSS's Employees
Director, Software Development
Daniel spearheads the company’s software and user interface strategy to keep software and engineering development moving forward. He also makes sure all plans and projects align with customer needs.
Back to top