We are a security, technology start-up with corporate headquarters in Armonk, NY (Westchester County) and R&D and Manufacturing location in Boxborough, MA. As a Field Technician, you will be part of a larger team of manufacturing, mechanical and software engineers, developing our next generation of solutions, as well as improving existing products. In addition to performing key field technician tasks, you will identify areas in the design and support process to improve the reliability and maintainability of our products. We are searching for a flexible team member to join a fast-paced environment to further the company’s success. For more information on IDSS, please visit www.idsscorp.net.
Responsibilities and Characteristics:
• IDSS is seeking a field service engineer to support their Security Imaging Systems business. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, service, and maintain customer sites.
• Identify and define problems: Collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
• Assist in service repair, preventative maintenance, field change orders / installations
• Identify and resolve of customer issues, provide the customer with the appropriate communication and involve appropriate Service and Sales Personnel
• Operate under required knowledge of regulatory requirement (Federal and State Radiation performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, EPA regulations and OSHA regulations
• Must have experience with capital equipment installation, service and troubleshooting
• BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two-year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
• Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills with MRI or CT systems
• Travel up to 50% to the customer site
• Flexibility in job assignments – may help factory assembly, documentation and other as required
• Ability to lift 50-75lbs
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Person
Meet Some of IDSS's Employees
Director, Software Development
Daniel spearheads the company’s software and user interface strategy to keep software and engineering development moving forward. He also makes sure all plans and projects align with customer needs.
Back to top