Configuration Manager Lead
We are a security, technology start-up with corporate headquarters in Armonk, NY (Westchester County) and R&D and Manufacturing location in Boxborough, MA. As a Configuration Management Lead, you will work as part of a larger team of manufacturing, electrical, mechanical and software engineers developing our next generation of solutions, as well as improving existing products. In addition to performing key configuration management tasks, you will be supporting the engineering team by assisting with documentation and improving our design process. We are searching for a flexible team member to join a fast-paced environment to further the company’s success. For more information on IDSS, please visit www.idsscorp.net.
Responsibilities and Characteristics:
• Design, develop, and establish configuration management documentation based on program requirements.
• Coordinate and run Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, publish minutes and track action items.
• Understand all CM baselines to ensure the integrity of the product and associated documentation throughout the development life cycle.
• Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline.
• Monitor/audit contractors, subcontractors, and vendors to maintain the configuration baseline.
• Assisting in the review of engineering change proposals (ECPs). Track technical, functional, and programmatic developments of hardware and software.
• Participate in meetings including Technical Interchange Meetings, Technical Working Groups, Design Reviews, Requirements Working Groups, Technical Review Boards, Cross-functional Change Control Boards, and Configuration Control Boards.
• 5+ years’ experience in configuration management and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Knowledge of the CM process and inputs across the project life cycle and the handling of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
• Experience developing CM plans and performing system audits. Experience implementing or administering automated CM/DM.
• Experience with Arena PLM a plus
• Must have solid communication skills and can interact with staff at all levels of an organization.
• Must be willing to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites when necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with complex product development (electro-mechanical/software) in a regulated industry environment (such as Military/Aerospace/Automotive), DHS experience preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Person
Meet Some of IDSS's Employees
Director, Software Development
Daniel spearheads the company’s software and user interface strategy to keep software and engineering development moving forward. He also makes sure all plans and projects align with customer needs.
Back to top