Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor - Claims Academy
ICW Group Insurance Companies is recognized nationally as an insurance leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims in both Property & Workers' Compensation. We are looking for a talented Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor to lead our Claims Academy Training program. If you have leadership qualities and have a desire to move into a leadership role, this may be the job for you.
The Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor will officiate, engage, develop, educate and mentor Claims Examiner Trainees with the skills and knowledge that will produce outstanding claims handling results and drive exceptional customer experiences. We are looking for a leader who is committed to fostering a culture that encourages individual growth to ensure present and future success. The Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor will empower our participants to embody the behaviors aligned with ICW’s core competencies.
About your job:
- Assist in preparation and delivery of Workers’ Compensation education and training program
- Mentor and act in the capacity of an education administrator to candidates selected for training program
- Train employees in work and company policies
- Plan, prepare, revise work schedules and duty assignments according to customer needs, projects, work-loads, statistical forecasts and budget allotments
- Verify completeness and accuracy of subordinates’ work, computations, and records
- Conduct periodic audits of operations
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a high degree of the Company’s philosophy and technical practices throughout the claims operation
- Responsible for control and direction of all reported claims within the authority level established by the Manager
- Approves reserves and payments within designated limitations of authority
- Submits recommendations on those that exceed authority to assure reserve adequacy on each claim within the unit
- Evaluate team members’ job performance and conformance to regulations, and recommend appropriate personnel action
- Interview, select, and discharge employees after consultation with Human Resources and department head
- Consult with manager and other personnel to resolve problems, such as employee performance, output quality and work schedules
From an Experience and Education Point of View:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred
- Training/adult education experience a plus
- Requires a minimum of 4-6 years examining experience
- Strong understanding of Workers’ Compensation claims principles and application
- Strong foundation of business acumen
- Basic understanding of personnel and performance strategies
- IEA Certificate, WCCP Accreditation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Requires a high level of attention to detail
- Team oriented and a sense of urgency for execution
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or public groups Ability to apply principles of logical to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
We are looking for a strong leader, with solid technical knowledge in Workers' Compensation Claims who is passionate about development and mentorship. Does this sound like you? If so, we would love for you to bring your talents to ICW Group!
Back to top