Underwriting Technician (Service Center of Excellence)
We have a great entry level opportunity for a motivated candidate to launch their insurance career. In this role you will learn aspects of Workers' Compensation Underwriting while working for an established carrier.
Our Underwriting Tech supports our Service Center of Excellence and under direct supervision, follows established methods, practices, and procedures and applies general principles and concepts. Work is typically reviewed upon completion to determine if objectives were achieved.
About Your Job:
- Primary responsibility is to accurately enter submission information in company’s proprietary web-based system to enable underwriter to quote business.
- Follows up with agents to obtain missing submission information using web-based system.
- Requests renewal information from agents and help prepare renewal for underwriter to quote.
- Orders loss runs requested by agents and insureds and sends via fax, email or mail.
- Prepares and mails claims kits and marketing materials requested by agents and insureds.
- Duties may include any reasonable Company related assignments as directed by Management.
- Handle agent/insured phone calls, faxes and mail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Data entry skills and the ability to learn enterprise and department specific applications. Basic Word and Excel knowledge. Basic research skills.
Back to top