Systems Analyst III
- San Diego, CA
As a Systems Analyst III at ICW Group, you will function to support, maintain, implement, and improve applications and integrations for the business/enterprise in a cost effective, secure, high performing and customer centric manner. As a critical member of this team, you will also collaborate with all IT stakeholders to enable the organization to achieve business goals and objectives and constantly evaluate IT technical solutions and best practices in alignment with business/enterprise initiatives. If ITIL and critical incidents are your area of expertise, this is the team for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides application technical support to Program Teams.
- Helps define business processes as they pertain to application and integration workflow.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application and integration related incidents and problems.
- Formulates and presents solutions to application issues.
- Remediates simple application issues and runs it through the team’s delivery cycle.
- Documents incidents and problems with appropriate level of detail.
Improves the supportability and maintainability of insurance systems.
- Defines the Application Inventory for the Program Team assigned.
- Analyzes support pain points and provides solutions to address the commonly recurring incidents.
- Organizes the design and development cycle of the team.
- Advocates the inclusion of appropriate non-functional requirements in order to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Defines and manages a proactive continuous improvement effort for technical and functional improvements.
- Researches tools, trends, and best practices to improve the supportability, maintainability and performance of applications.
- Defines and drives release activities.
- Documents the disposition of production deployments to provide accurate metrics.
Collaborates with a multiple of internal stakeholders on information systems projects.
- Partners across business units with Architects, Systems Analysts and Technical Leads on the system design to provided desired functionality.
- Works closely with the development team to evaluate technical design alternatives for functionality.
- Facilitates design workshops and ongoing interactions with key stakeholders to determine detailed requirements.
- Ensures non-functional requirements, including UX, scalability, performance, supportability and reliability are identified and considered.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Skills
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Minimum 5 years of relevant technical or business work experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum 4 years of related experience in information systems design and analysis required. Minimum 4 years experience in a Systems Analyst role. Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the Insurance or Financial Industry preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Insurance Certifications NTH (CPCU, ARM, AIC, AINS) and domain expertise: CSM or CSPO preferred. ITIL certification required. Specialized certifications in MuleSoft and SAP systems, specifically FI, CD, ICM, and/or BP preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Working knowledge of information systems design and analysis required. Knowledge of insurance industry preferred. Knowledge of ITIL Framework and Best Practices required. Familiarity with Application Performance and Monitoring (APM) and Profiling tools. Ability to diagram critical processes and workflows for a particular application/integration. Ability to create intermediate to advanced SQL and Splunk queries, and utilize/create simple dashboards for support purposes. Possess a strong understanding of common non-functional requirements for supportability and maintainability. Possess a strong understanding of system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards. Possess a strong understanding of API standards for communicating and integration between applications. Possess a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and its corresponding artifacts as it pertains to ICW. Possess a strong understanding of the different infrastructure and application components as they relate to a particular application and/or integration for a specific Line of Business/Program team. Possess an ability and intellectual curiosity to research emerging trends and best practices aimed at improving current applications, integrations and/or processes. Possess experience in improving system processes and design with a focus on the following areas: maintainability, updatability, scalability, restorability, monitoring and logging.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. May be required to lift light objects. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. May be required to lift light objects. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.
Back to top