- San Diego, CA
ICW Group is looking for a Systems Administrator that has a knack for ensuring systems and processing run on time and on budget! The purpose of this job is to ensure that ICW Group’s computing environment and infrastructure technologies are properly administered and maintained in support of the company’s computer operations. If working with job scheduling applications is something you enjoy, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Troubleshoots and maintains the systems assigned.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Monitor batch processing of AWA/UC4 core objects.
- Provides 1st and 2nd tier technical support and problem resolution for the computing environment.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of account management processes using Active Directory, LAN based user application systems, enterprise messaging and collaboration technologies, and enterprise data storage environment.
- Collaborates in the design of systems for scalability, security, and availability while providing overall capacity management targets and forecasts.
- Defines batch jobs, edits batch jobs, and addresses batch scheduling problems or incidents.
- Participates in on-call rotation
Drafts and maintains documentation.
- Maintains and monitors Configuration Management practices and documentation for all hardware, operating systems, and application software systems.
- Assist with the deployment/installation of new software releases and system upgrades.
- Evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Minimum 2 years of experience as a System Administrator or Helpdesk supporting a 500+ user environment. Minimum 2 years of experience working in a virtual environment, specifically with VMware ESX; and working in a Co-location environment. Minimum 2 years of experience administrating, supporting, and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications, systems, and Enterprise Backup and Recovery systems. Minimum 1 year of experience working with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation, configuration, orchestration, or scheduling system preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Microsoft MCSE 2008; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to find solutions and root causes using a variety of resources and logical thinking. Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services). Advanced skill in light scripting and troubleshooting. Understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimize system performance. Utilizes knowledge of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimize system performance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work overtime and on nights and weekends, as needed.
Back to top