Supervisor, Corporate Services
- San Diego, CA
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new opportunity for an energetic, customer orientated candidate that is ready to take the next step in their career. The Supervisor, Corporate Services will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Services team, such as incoming and outgoing mail, print requests, supply requests, furniture ordering and placement, shipping and receiving, file storage and retrieval, and purchasing. This position exists to ensure the success of the overall operations of the Mailroom, Print room, Scan Center, and File room.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Services department.
- Provides general light labor, including moving and assembling furniture.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in the areas of mail, printing, records retention, shipping and receiving, fulfillment, and inventory control.
- Assists in the coordination of the general maintenance services provided by the department.
- Oversees all incoming and outgoing shipments and deliveries.
- Works with other departments to coordinate the handling of regular and special projects or mailings; supervises completion of such as needed.
- Provides light car pool maintenance.
Handles department reporting and purchasing.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and submits to manager for approval.
- Responsible for overseeing that the production of reports are accurate, that they follow established compliance policies, and are produced within the agreed upon project deadlines.
- Assists the Corporate Services Manager with equipment purchases and reporting.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all stationary and consumable stock supplies, including those maintained at offsite storage.
- Manages the group's print process, procedures, and assignment of projects to ensure best practices and efficiencies are utilized for greater cost savings.
Oversees vendor management and contract negotiations.
- Maintains strong relationships with current and potential vendors.
- Monitors service levels and directs as needed.
- Partners with Purchasing team to negotiate contracts.
- Implements new processes with the suppliers.
- Assists in developing and implementing office standards for contracts.
- Processes Purchase Orders.
Directly supervises employees within the Corporate Services team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a mail and/or copy center environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
A thorough working knowledge of mail and copy center operations. Experience in print production preferred. Experience in mailroom functions and activities, to include USPS, Federal Express, UPS; and courier regulations, procedures, and policies. Inventory control experience preferred. Excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills. Knowledge of department systems, office furniture, and ergonomic requests. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Supervisor level. Additional competencies required: Delegation and Leader Identification.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top