Software Engineer IV
- San Diego, CA
ICW Group is looking for an innovative Software Engineer IV to assume responsibility for the implementation of new and maintenance of existing business and IT solutions; including software configuration and development, system and data integration, and management of SaaS products. This position exists to ensure that new business solutions are implemented effectively and are kept consistent with company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs the role of Lead Engineer.
- Guides and provides technical guidance to all software engineers.
- Partners with software engineers and conducts code reviews for JAVA, C# or other programming languages.
- Under the direction of IT Leadership, establishes procedures and processes for the Software Development Team.
- Drives the creation and documentation of low level software design.
- Reviews design documents produced by other Software Engineers.
- Mentors and provides technical training and work leadership to staff.
- Educates business by using data trends to facilitate process improvements.
Leads and facilitates all technical aspects of several projects.
- Collaborates and supports the design and development of Enterprise applications and integrations.
- Champions and applies best practices, including design reviews, unit testing, code reviews, and continuous integration/deployment.
- Works to minimize, if not eliminate, defects upon delivery.
- Partners with IT staff to perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Collaborates and actively participates in all phases of the Agile product lifecycle, including design, development, and deployment.
Partners with project management and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
- Works collaboratively as a key contributor on a high performing team which delivers code and value.
- Shares knowledge and contributes to application development on multiple large-scale, business critical systems.
- Writes quality system functional specifications.
- Engages and partners with Architecture Teams to clearly understand the system design and roadmap.
- Actively collaborates with the Architecture Teams to conceptualize, design, and implement application and system architecture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Computer Science, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 8 years of experience working as a software engineer required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Insurance and MuleSoft Certified Developer preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Experience designing and implementing software using established design patterns. Experience working with Quality Assurance and Business Analyst teams to deliver quality software on time. Experience with creating UML diagrams and architecture documents. Extensive experience with: OOP, Java, .NET, and related technologies; database design and SQL; HTML, XML, JSON; web services (SOAP-based and RESTful). Extensive experience in database design and SQL programming; and with Integration Platforms such as MuleSoft. Expertise in Enterprise Web Services and APIs connectivity, protocols and best practices for communication and integration between applications. Understanding of secure coding practices and common attack vectors.
Expert knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for developing software. Competent in two or more object-oriented programming languages. Demonstrated ability leading the work efforts of a technical team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work additional hours, as required.
Back to top