Software Engineer III (Salesforce)
ICW Group has recently embarked on a customer experience transformation using Salesforce as our technology catalyst. We are looking for a Software Engineer (Salesforce). who wants to deliver innovative customer facing solutions in a green field space. If you a Salesforce-focused professional who is looking to showcase your expertise, here is your opportunity. Our IT team is evolving and we need help shaping the future of Workers' Compensation Insurance. Our goal is to drive business outcomes by empowering our talented team members to do great things. We strive to work smart and collaboratively as a team. Our mission is to provide the best insurance experience possible. You will be responsible for the implementation of new and maintenance of existing business and IT solutions - which includes software configuration and development, system and data integration, management of SaaS products.
What You Will be Doing:
- You will understand requirements needed for Salesforce Admin/Developer in order to have successful outcomes
- You will understand how to analyze risk of change and how this impacts ancillary areas
- You will be able improve project delivery and other IT processes
- Conceptualize, creates and maintains software solutions to support the Company’s business and IT Operations.
- Drive the creation and documentation of low level software design.
- Actively collaborates with the Business Analysts in the creation, refinement and review of requirements (functional and non-functional) and specifications
- Actively collaborates with the rest of the engineering team in the documenting of software design.
- Creates deployment scripts and provides detailed documentation for deploying and supporting software.
- May sometimes perform the role of Lead Engineer during technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings
Facilitate all technical aspects of projects of small to moderate size.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation, and testing software associated with deployments and provides support associated with these deployments.
- Uses expertise to analyze and enhance existing designs and implementations or to generate new designs and implementations
- Thinks strategically and proactively defines work breakdowns by identifying tasks, and creating project schedules
- Partners with appropriate IT staff and generates test plans, test cases, and execute tests to validate software
Partner with project management and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions
- Applies object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
- Authors technical documentation as needed.
- Partners with QA team in developing test plans.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field equivalent work experience required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a software engineer required
Experience designing and implementing software using established design patterns
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience working with Quality Assurance and Business Analyst teams to deliver quality software on time. Competency in at least 2 programming language such as Java or .NET. Good software design instincts and coding style. Expertise in general programming concepts/paradigms; HTML, XML, JSON and related technologies. Proven experience with database design and SQL. Expertise in Enterprise Web Services and APIs connectivity, protocols and best practices for communication and integration between applications. Understanding of secure coding practices and common attack vectors. Experienced in standard concepts, practices and procedures for developing software, including peer reviews and unit testing. Demonstrated ability working as a senior technical team member.
- Salesforce Admin Experience
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Salesforce Communities
- Salesforce Lightning Experience
- Apex/Visual Force Development
- Agile Software Development (Preferred)
- Salesforce Platform Architect (Preferred)
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work additional hours, as required.
Back to top