Senior Risk Management Consultant
- Las Vegas, NV
Do you have a passion for Safety & Risk Management? If so, then we want to hear from you! ICW Group Insurance Companies is recognized nationally as an insurance leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims. We are looking for a Senior Risk Management Consultant to join our team. Our Senior Risk Management Consultant works closely with insureds to identify and mitigate Workers' Compensation risks; perform accident investigation and partner with Underwriting and Claims teams.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to identify and quantify policyholders' hazards, controls and management as it relates to the Workers' Compensation risks and communicate information internally. This position exists to develop risk identification and quantification approaches for the organizations' book of business, while mitigating risks for policyholders in a manner that establishes positive relationships with customers and improves the results of the assigned book of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partner with internal stakeholders to sustain claims and underwriting initiatives and grow a profitable book of business.
- Identifies and quantifies Workers’ Compensation risks for the book of busness.
- Schedules company surveys and account service plans within the standard operating procedure.
- Mitigates risk by initiating & implementing corrective action recommendations and to service plans.
- Collaborates with Underwriting and Claims to develop, draft and present large account service proposals.
Deliver risk management services to customers in order to mitigate risk, identify exposures and/or mitigate claim costs.
- Identifies key risks and mitigating factors such as workflow, values, legal, ownership structure, professional reputation, customer base or industry segments including assessing business operations risks and analyzing business or company financial data.
- Recommends methods to control or reduce risk based on assessment to customer base.
- Documents and ensures communication of key risks with the preparation of financial documents, reports or data modeling.
Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to retain, augment industry knowledge and regulations surrounding risk management assignments.
- Provides training for clients on risk identification, quantification and control including Management and Supervisor Training.
- Conducts safety training for company employees and co-workers to mitigate risks.
- Consults with clients to answer queries on subjects such as exposure, market scenarios or values-at-risk calculations to educate clients on the varied topics regarding risk management.
- Confers financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques to provide cutting-edge service to companies.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Business Administration, Management, Risk Management or related degree, preferred. Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CSP, CIH, CPE, CPCU or other Master’s Level designation preferred. In absence of Master’s level designation, ARM, ALCM or Bachelor’s level designation required. Valid, current driver's license is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Superior working knowledge of risk management policies, processes and methodologies. Insurance industry acumen, required. Excellent verbal communication skills. Superior organizational and time management skills. Intermediate to advanced level consulting and understanding of advanced risk management concepts. Advanced Microsoft Office applications. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information including codes and regulations. Technical aptitude, detail oriented. Superior communication skills - both written and verbal. Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others. Experience working in a collaborative environment. Critical thinking and influencing skills that effectively drive business needs. Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes. Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
Requires minimal to moderate level of car travel.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies needed: Influence
Required to travel within a set territory to each insureds’ office location when necessary.
Back to top