- San Diego, CA
Looking for a detail-oriented, analytical team player to join our team at ICW Group as a Premium Auditor! This Premium Auditor will conduct voluntary audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to conduct and/or review field audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages. This position exists to ensure accurate and efficient field audits while providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs and/or reviews audits in the field or within an ICW Group Branch for ICW accounts and resolves applicable disputes.
- Conducts timely and accurate premium audits and service audits.
- Conducts audits of various size and complexity.
- Conducts audits with mentor or supervisor on larger and more complex accounts.
- Assists with resolving complex audit disputes.
- Assists with audit review.
- Provides excellent customer service for the entire audit experience.
Maintains communication with ICW accounts and other constituencies throughout audit.
- Corresponds with Insureds/Agents/Company personnel.
- Clarifies voluntary and physical audits by contacting insureds as needed.
- Communicates with NCCI/WCIRB regarding classification and technical issues.
- Provides current status of audit inventory on a regular basis to management.
- Provides technical assistance to reviewers, underwriters, and agents.
- Works closely with mentor and field supervisor.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Accounting, Business, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 1 year of experience working as a Field Premium Auditor. Carrier experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
APA, CIPA, or CPCU preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must have good working knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Insurance. Must be aware of and understand a variety of payroll and accounting systems, and the differences in Workers’ Compensation jurisdictions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, or legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Position may require travel – up to 25%. In conducting audits and performing other tasks, works with computers and computer screens for multiple hours per day; must be able to lift and carry 25-40 pounds. Position is sedentary approximately 75% of time. Must be able to drive and be comfortable working independently.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Organizing & Planning.
Branch or remote positions: this job is a combination of working from home and working in the insured’s clerical office areas. Requires travel (driving and flying) to insureds’ locations to conduct audits. Customer worksites may vary in the environment.
Bachelors or better.
Back to top