Network Operations Specialist
- San Diego, CA
As a Network Operations Specialist at ICW Group, you will provide Tier 1 level technical support of operational activities in a desktop computing environment. As an IT professional, you love to showcase your knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT realm. Because you understand the importance of documenting issues, you take pride in ensuring you have clearly communicated the issues found and resolved for each customer. Customer Service is your middle name as you truly enjoy helping internal customers resolve their issues. Each day will offer new and exciting challenges to tackle. This position exists to ensure technical issues for internal customers are resolved in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides first level technical support to internal customers.
- Provides technical support related to desktop/laptop users on Windows 10.
- Answers customer phone calls and clarifies questions relating to desktop issues both on the phone and in person.
- Builds rapport and elicits problem details from customers.
- Stays “on-call” for all periods as assigned by manager.
- Performs physical/softphone setup at desk and softphone install on computer, installation, maintenance and upgrade activities for computer hardware, operating systems, printing and various other needs.
- Follows up with end users to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
Installs and tests new software, hardware, and systems.
- Installs new hardware components in the desktop.
- Installs operating systems and software in the desktop.
- Tests computer system to determine criticality of component loss.
- Tests software and hardware compatibility.
- Interacts with all appropriate departments within IT in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- May be required to travel to other office branches for desktop provisioning and setup
Documents desktop related processes and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate service level agreement (SLA) on tickets in ServiceNow.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Performs desktop imaging, setup, and upgrades.
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum 1 year working as Network/Computer Technician.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A+ or MCP preferred; or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Knowledge and understanding of operating systems including Microsoft Win7. Knowledge and understanding of various software including Microsoft Office and Adobe X. Able to identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to sit for long periods of time, may stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
Ability to work overtime and on nights and weekends, as needed.
Back to top