Network Engineer II
- San Diego, CA
The ICW Group Infrastructure and Operations team is seeking a Network Engineer II to serve as a technical resource in the design, direction, and coordination of growth and administration of ICW Group’s network infrastructure. This person will ensure that the company’s supporting computing environment technologies are properly engineered, administered, maintained, and secured in support of ICW Group’s business outcomes.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
Maintains, configures, and supports networking devices.
- Provides 3rd Tier technical support for internal customers.
- Provides problem resolution for network performance and network related issues.
- Prioritizes and directs the day-to-day technical tasks for operational management of the network.
- Works directly with ICW’s Information Security team to analyze and mitigate risks at the network level.
- Completes assigned initiatives and tasks on time and on budget.
Participates in Network infrastructure projects in support of Company objectives.
- Participates in the creation, implementation, and continual improvement of standards, processes, and procedures required to deliver high quality customer service.
- Works directly with IT Project Managers, Program managers and Architects to evaluate design details and provide information on current and proposed network infrastructure considerations.
- Works directly with IT Project Managers and Program Managers to understand business requirements and impact of design considerations.
- Designs the network architecture for networking devices in support of Company objectives.
- Designs and implements networking technologies including LAN, MPLS, SAN fabric switches, Server Load balancers, WAN, VoIP, vSwitches, in a multivendor environment.
- Plans, researches, develops, and tests new networking technologies in support of business operations.
Ensure compliance to ICW ITIL and regulatory processes.
- Adheres, complies, and provides input with ICW’s privacy and security policies.
- Creates and updates network infrastructure diagrams, test plans, and supporting documentation.
- Maintains or exceeds Service Levels to business customers for established Service Level Agreements.
- Assists with budget planning and procurement of networking hardware and software as directed in cost effective manner.
- Participates in information gathering for ICW’s audit and regulatory processes.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree preferred. Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CCNA or JNCIA are required. CCNP or JNCIS certifications preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve complex network-related problems. Ability to work in a fast paced complex and dynamic environment. Poise under pressure and comfort with ambiguity. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Has good verbal communication skills. In-depth knowledge of the OSI model. Knowledge of Directory Services (e.g. Windows 2000+ AD, LDAP); Systems (e.g. UNIX, Windows, MS Exchange); and Internet Protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL). Knowledge of firewall configuration and troubleshooting. Knowledge of different network types (i.e. LAN, WAN). Working knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols in including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Working knowledge of network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds. Working knowledge of LINUX (Centos and RedHat), VDI, and VOIP. Ability to work with more than 3 SAN storage devices. Minimum 5 years of experience working in a virtual environment, specifically with VMware ESX. Minimum 4 years of experience working in a Co-location environment required. Ability to administer support and maintenance on Switches and Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and WAN optimization/replication appliances required. Proven ability in implementing and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems, preferred; while administering and maintaining networking systems for mid to large companies including designing and maintaining wireless networks, preferred.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top