Manager, Enterprise Marketing
- San Diego, CA
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Our Enterprise Marketing team is growing and we’re looking for a creative, meticulous Manager to join our team in San Diego, California. ICW Group is on a high growth path and is nationally recognized as an insurance leader. The Manager, Enterprise Marketing will help develop the strategic development and tactical implementation of Enterprise Marketing Department projects. This position exists is to manage the overall marketing planning and execution of product/service offerings to drive new and renewal business while strengthening the ICW Group brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive marketing plans designed to position ICW Group’s products and service offerings as best in class.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the messaging blueprint.
- Utilize market research data and tools to gain a deep understanding of products and services and the key features and benefits they deliver to policyholders.
- Work closely with design and development teams to achieve expertise on competitive offerings and how they position/market their services.
- Study sales and consumer response data and adjust existing plans or design new approaches based on the needs of our policyholders.
- Utilize research and competitive insights to drive new product and service recommendations.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders including senior leadership, line of business stakeholders, and sales in the development of the overall marketing strategy.
- Liaise with all areas to thoroughly understand operations and business goals to produce relevant content for target consumers.
- Conduct market and consumer research to gain a thorough understanding of competitive product/service offerings and messaging and the best outlets to reach the target consumers.
- Forge and expand relationships with agents and policyholder audiences to understand how ICW Group can best meet/exceed their needs.
- Participate in customer visits to gauge current customer sentiment to improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Help guide utilization of appropriate marketing tools and resources to improve customer interactions.
Leverage key customer data and insights to elevate ICW Group’s policyholder value proposition and develop key selling points that drive ICW Group brand differentiation.
- Identify high value “white space” opportunities that differentiate/elevate our products and services.
- Strengthen perceived value among current policyholders to drive increased retention.
- Create strong value propositions and associated proof points designed to resonate with key target audience segments.
- Articulate key product/service differentiators to help drive marketing communication and message strategies/executions.
- Collaborate with MarComm content development teams in creating compelling marketing materials across multiple media platforms (web, social, collateral, video, webinar, etc.).
Provide data analysis and insights to monitor and report on the performance of products and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage customer research insights to identify key customer needs/wants and develop corresponding marketing strategies and programs that improve overall CSAT.
- Monitor products, marketplace, and competitor trends and adjust messaging as needed.
- Utilize competitive insights to drive new product and service recommendations.
- Leverage customer feedback/perception of service delivery to improve overall CSAT.
Develops and leads a team of marketing professionals.
- Provides daily direction to Marketing team as requested. Communicates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages department budget, technology and other resources, workload and customer requests for marketing services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Supervises employees within the marketing team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, Communications or related field.
Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B Product/Service or Brand Marketing or similar role required. Experience in marketing data analytics. Product Management experience preferred. Experience working with in-house sales team preferred.
Minimum 1 year of management or supervisory experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Familiar with product/service marketing tactics. Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working. Ability to ‘sell’ ideas to different constituencies. Experience in working collaboratively in a results-driven, team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to forge highly effective cross-functional partners. Proven ability to leverage multiple marketing assets to achieve business goals. Excellent people and management skills to interact with various cross-functional teams and customers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presenting to leadership. Ability to convey ideas effectively to the appropriate people. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Strong data analytics/insights skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Manager level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top