IT Project Mgr III
ICW Group is looking for a Project Manager III. This person will be responsible for managing multiple project teams or a single large team to successfully deliver business results and ensure project success. The PM III is responsible for all facets of a properly managed project: risks, issues, communications, budget, scope, schedule, quality, etc. as well as serve as the key point of contact for stakeholders.
Manage multiple project teams or a single large team on projects of greater complexity and risk
- Manage the team’s execution of project tasks in an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity
- Manage the team’s approach to addressing change or stressful situations
- Enable an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve the team’s value by providing constructive suggestions
- Leverage data when making decisions, gather new information and insight to work through complex issues
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations
- Lead internal status meetings and effectively; capture, store and distribute meeting notes
- Work closely with technical teams to develop and track release milestones and schedules
Effectively leverage and recommend project management principles and best practices to ensure the success of projects
- Guide other team members on project management best practices and continue to expand mastery of his/her own
- Coordinate project activities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of the project
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet continuously changing needs and requirements
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and Stakeholders
- Collaborates with business and team to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
- Understand, track and communicate issues, risks and action items in a timely manner
- Monitor the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures
- Assist with vendor management efforts and ensure agreements are met
Serve as partner and key point of contact for stakeholders to ensure success
- Act as point of escalation internally for all issues
- Coordinate activities and promote project vision and objectives with project team
- Maintain and cultivate working relationships with team members and other involved departments
- Provide insight to key stakeholders and project sponsors by developing project goals, setting the prioritization of deliverables, discussing involvement of business processes
- Facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery by communicating tough issues and keeping an independent opinion
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 5 years of IT work experience, including 3 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions required.
PMP preferred; CSM required
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of insurance is preferred but not required. Must have a strategic orientation and be results driven. Ability to lead cross-functional teams; be self-organizing and coach others on the same; understand both technical and business complexity. Ability to understand technical specifications depicted in user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc; understand technical industry-related journals and DOI filings; understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
Proven outcome focused mindset and resiliency to change. Proven ability to question status quo; troubleshoot and partner with others to identify course of resolutions. Positive attitude and temperament to work with others in a team environment. Strong presentation and communication skills. Effective decision making skills. Strong user skills in MS Office applications, including MS Project and Visio. Demonstrated competency in Project Management processes, tools and techniques. Demonstrated competency in both waterfall and agile (SCRUM) SDLC’s
Knowledge of database concepts. Familiar with a variety of IT concepts, practices, tools, and procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
Back to top