IT Project Mgr III
ICW Group is looking for an IT Project Manager III. This is an opportunity to lead and innovate in a fast-moving, dynamic company environment. The IT Project Manager is client facing, confident and consultative. Our goal in IT is simple – drive business outcomes by empowering our talented team members to do great things! We strive to work smart, collaboratively as a team, and with integrity.
The ideal team member will be passionate about learning, unlearning and relearning, thinks outside-the-box to seize opportunities and most importantly aspires to exceed our customers' expectations. If you have a consultative mind-set, demonstrated track record of motivating team members, bringing solutions to the table and driving initiatives to success in the insurance industry please keep reading to join our San Diego based team.
- Provide hands on expertise to manage multiple projects or a single large initiatives of Saas solution or internally developed database and software implementations
• Manage the team’s execution of project, including risks, dependencies, deliverables in an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity
• Guide the team when addressing change or stressful situations
• Enable an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results
• Lead AGILE software development process acting as scrum master/team leader for a cross functional software development team
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics
• Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, issues, risks and change orders.
• Direct individual and team weekly goals; monitor progress through a positive, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
• Strong negotiation, presentation, conflict management, decision making and communication skills with timely and accurate reporting against project timelines and other metrics
• Clearly, frequently and effectively communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve the team’s value by providing constructive suggestions
• Leverage data when making decisions, gather new information and insight to work through complex issues
• Guide other team members on project management best\better practices and continue to expand mastery of your own; initiate solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist
• Work closely with both technical team members and client stakeholders or varying levels to Serve as “trusted advisor” and key point of contact for all stakeholders to ensure success
• Ensure appropriate capacity planning during execution and adaptability to re-allocate based on priorities and constraints
• Obtain regular feedback from team members individually and collectively to optimize team morale and promote new approaches to overcoming challenges
• Demonstrated ability to lead team through release deployments across all development environments
• Publish integrated release calendars and work with Development Lead for environment management, code branching for continuous integration (CI/CD)
• Lead code migrations across regions (Dev, Int, Stage and Production) through to production validation
• Minimum 8 years in project management, client product/service delivery, systems integration and software engineering, with at least 3 years managing large-scale and complex enterprise software projects.
• Required knowledge and experience managing teams responsible for software design/development, testing, technical operations and technical support
• Prior successes as primary client interface, program manager for enterprise software implementation projects
• Experience in managing Agile software development projects
• BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
• Advanced knowledge of formal project management methodology and when to apply
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver projects on time, within scope, with budget and exceptional quality
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Demonstrated can-do attitude
• Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Moves quickly to address unexpected problems or opportunities.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
• Prior consulting experience preferred
• AGILE Scrum Master or similar certifications
• Voice of customer or Product Owner for AGILE software implementation experience
• Knowledge of Workers Compensation and Insurance Industry
• Knowledge of SaaS technology\ architectures
Back to top