Infrastructure \u0026 Operations Manager
- San Diego, CA
ICW Group is looking for a results oriented IT Manager to drive operational excellence, and direct a team of IT professionals in the planning, design, development and operation of data networks, communication services, and systems required to deliver necessary features, performance, and availability to support business activities. This role will collaborate closely with IT applications program teams and business partners to align team goals with overall company strategy and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages information technology and computer systems resources and maintains the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluates overall IT infrastructure capacity and system operations in order to ensure optimum system performance
- Defines, delivers, and supports plans for implementing information technologies
- Recommends suitable technology infrastructure solutions and updates to IT teams in order to develop long- and short-term planning
- Recommends alternatives for IT infrastructure architecture in order to ensure business sustainability
- Leads the execution of IT deployment plan in order to ensure deployment efforts are aligned with the agreed solution
- Manages resource availability in order to continuously support the business
- Identifies area for improvement, develops improvement program and monitors the implementation to increase process efficiency
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center
- Recommends information technology policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Plans and implements disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational goals
- Manage internal systems cost models that coincide with a public or hybrid cloud-based subscription model
Oversees all planning and organizing for multiple projects
- Develops and implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the team.
- Develops an annual budget and operating plan to support the team and department.
- Develops evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the team and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develops funding proposals to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Ensures that team activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
Evaluates and anticipates staffing needs
- Recruits, interviews, and selects well-qualified staff.
- Executes the human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization.
- Ensures that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential.
- Establishes and implements a performance management process for staff.
- Ensures all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
- Supervises program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback.
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for projects and solicits input to improve the team.
- Liaises with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient delivery.
- Coordinates the delivery of services among various activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Develops and leads a team of Information Technology professionals
- Provides daily direction to IT team. Communicates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles to direct and indirect reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with IT Leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire assigned IT team is engaged and that leadership practices for the department encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and holds team accountable to and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the assigned IT team members and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for assigned IT team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages assigned IT budget, technology and other resources, workload and customer requests for IT services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises IT project managers and other IT team members and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field preferred. 5+ years’ experience in managing and leading IT Engineering, Administration, Operations and/or IT Support teams. 10+ years of general IT-related job experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Professional experience with managing business processes, people management, budgeting, and business office operations. Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development. Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards. Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management and optimization. Demonstrated knowledge of cloud technologies and DevOps processes required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
If you're looking for new challenges and an exciting change for the new year, we'd love to hear from you!
Back to top