Facilities Project Manager
- San Diego, CA
The Corporate Services team here at ICW Group is looking to add a Facilities Project Manager to deliver project management support for all facility related construction projects including Home Office expansion, Branch Office openings, moves and reconfigurations; and any other major initiatives. This position offers the opportunity to effectively maximize resources to ensure all projects achieve the specified criterion while delivering on-time and on-budget.
If you're looking for the opportunity to flex your facilities and construction skills and have a lasting impact on a San Diego based company, then we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees multiple significant and complex capital projects by developing and maintaining project plans, milestones, and required tasks for each project.
- Develops and maintains project budget status and completion reports for new construction and renovation projects. Drives recommendation buy-in and commitment with key team members and leadership.
- Conducts analysis of project conditions including overall project goals, customer expectations, and project scope.
- Oversees the scope, budget, schedule, and quality of each project. Administers bid process.
- Coordinates resources and leads project teams; acts as official representative for project with vendors.
Oversees project implementation and maintains communication with customer.
- Develops and manages project schedules, monitors and controls project tasks to meet deadlines, and complete projects on schedule.
- Coordinates activities associated with moves, adds, and changes for Home Office and Branch locations.
- Completes day-to-day activities that involve project reporting, resource tracking and issue resolution.
- Responds to inquiries and communicates all aspects of a project from beginning to end to meet internal standards and customer expectations.
Uses core performance metrics to ensure effective and efficient completion of all projects.
- Establishes priorities, ensures adherence to policies and procedures, and evaluates work for conformance to contractual agreements.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- Achieves desired results in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment while managing multiple projects.
- Executes comprehensive projects collaboratively with all departmental and organizational levels.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university required with major or emphasis in Business, Engineering, Construction, Interior Design or related field. Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management. Facilities experience in operations and maintenance required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or similar designation preferred. Valid Driver’s License required.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of workflow analysis and management, budgeting, cost estimation and project life cycle. Knowledge of building codes and regulations including OSHA and ADA. Ability to read schematics, blueprints and technical manuals. Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements. Ability to read and interpret complex construction documents and drawings. Knowledge of CAD and its guiding principles. Excellent verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Excellent time management and customer service skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Detail oriented with high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence. Ability to apply creative problem solving and critical thinking to address potential problem areas. Ability to work with mathematical concepts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide and all units of measure.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear. Extended standing and/or walking may be required at jobsites. Travel may be required up to 30% per year.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment. Jobsite requirements my result in exposure to dust, debris and other building materials related to construction. The noise level in the work environment at jobsites is usually moderate to loud.
Back to top