Director, Customer Experience
- San Diego, CA
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new opportunity for someone with a proven track record and passion for creating world-class customer service experiences. The purpose of this job is to promote and oversee the execution of the Customer Experience strategy to drive business growth through the adoption of the customer experience mindset and principles throughout the organization. This position exists to achieve customer satisfaction, differentiated and exceptional brand identity, and industry-leading attraction and retention of customers across all business lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Directs existing CX programs and activities ensuring achievement of goals and continuing value to the business
- Annually reviews programs for relevance, currency of content and alignment with business short and long term goals;
- Implements and manages changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved;
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with stakeholders to identify program issues and facilitate decision-making on services.
- Forecasts program funding needs to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Strategizes with the marketing team to leverage social media and other web marketing tools to promote on-going value of programs to customers;
- Oversees program calendars and ensure that all CX program offerings across the department are coordinated and properly integrated into the value proposition of our business lines.
Develops new customer experience activities, programs and training and enhances intact programs to drive the adoption of the customer experience mindset and principles across the enterprise.
- Expands program offerings and enhances the quality of existing programs to align and mobilize stakeholders around one view of the customer
- Creates and/or oversees project/program proposals including design, submission and review with business leaders and where applicable, Project Review and Enterprise Governance
- Develops and manages a budget and operating plan for the program(s).
- Delivers customer experience training and mentors training participants thereafter ensuring they apply their learning and become Customer Experience champions among their work groups.
- Develop and execute service blueprinting training and journey mapping training. Lead all service blueprinting and journey map endeavors until SMEs developed.
- Lead ongoing internal CX certification training, and serve as team member advisor in regards to adoption and deployment methodologies, techniques, frameworks. This includes the creation/authoring/execution of additional tiered CX training: Evangelist and CX introduction programs.
- Development and execution of companywide contact center
Contributes to the strategy and leadership of the Customer Experience Department
- Provides input and expertise to the formulation of both short and long term strategy and tactical planning for the department;
- Serves as a spokesperson on CX and represents the Department on assigned Committees, projects or other enterprise initiatives within the Company;
- Serves as a speaker, panelist or Subject Matter Expert in conferences and events to enhance the ICW Group brand;
- Provides direction to department Team Members and serves as a decision-maker in the absence of the SVP;
- Maintains currency and expertise in all aspects of Customer Experience, the Commercial P & C industry and contributes innovative ideas to both the Department and the Enterprise to further the business goals.
Serves as a subject matter expert and evangelist within the organization for customer experience initiatives and issues.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of our customer needs, behaviors, and decision processes
- Champions and leverages data sources, journey mapping and research to fully understand our customers’ experience with us.
- Detects customer pain points and identifies creative short term solutions and detailed long term roadmaps to eliminate the pain points and drive the customers’ desire to do business with us.
- Develops and executes on a customer segmentation strategy using data analysis and synthetization
- Evangelizes, utilizing all forms of communication and promotion, to bring operational excellence and best practices and ensure all customer experiences create value, satisfaction, and retention of customers.
- Networks with clients and customers, senior-level business leaders, product and service managers, technology directors, and marketing and analytics teams, etc. helping them to discover/ define/develop/embed CX methodologies, approach and requirements into daily operations.
- Partners with Enterprise Marketing and Human Resources to create internal communications, training and development opportunities and customer storytelling to promote cultural change.
Develops and supervises a team of customer experience professionals, once established.
- Provides daily direction to service blueprinting team and guidance to other CX professionals. Communicates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with SVP Customer Experience, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices team encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for the entire Customer Experience Department to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages Service blueprinting team budget, technology and other resources, workload and drives journey mapping and other customer experience services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university: Business Administration, Data Analytics, Information Systems or related degree, preferred.
Minimum 8+ years of experience managing the full life cycle of Customer Experience projects and ongoing management of programs. 5 or more years of Customer Experience leadership, preferably in the financial services industry. 4 or more years of direct Call Center and Customer Service management/leadership.
Demonstrated experience developing 5 yr strategic plans, AOPs and marketing SIOPs.
B2B and B2C experience highly preferred to demonstrate the ability to drive consumer experience through intermediaries (i.e. businesses, providers) as well as direct to consumer. Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Business or Information Systems desirable. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PMP or CAPM preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
In-depth knowledge of Customer Experience principles and best practices; proficient in project/program management skills. working knowledge of statistics, surveys mathematical concepts such as probability and inference. Demonstrated ability to apply both creative thinking to craft solutions and to use scientific method to solve complex operational problems. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Must be able to effectively present information, from technical to human topics, to a wide range of audience levels both internal and external using a variety of methods;
Skilled in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Excellent public and interpersonal speaking skills; superior writing skills including the ability to technically edit written material to ensure precision in construction, grammar and spelling.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity and be capable of operating and viewing computers and other electronic devices for extended periods of time.
This position maps to the Manager/Director level. Additional competencies required: none.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.
Back to top