DIC Underwriting Trainee
Do you have strong analytical skills, good judgment and an eye for details? Then the Underwriting Trainee is the role for you! The Underwriting Trainee is one of the best ways jump start your career in an industry that offers variety, growth and stability. The Underwriting Trainee assists and supports the Underwriting Department in providing customer service to policyholders, agents and brokers.
ABOUT YOUR JOB:
- Responds to follow-up activities pertaining to policyholders including research, correspondence, data entry, updating files, tracking documentation and mailing.
- Responds to coverage inquiries of new business and policy changes involving basic analysis and recommendations.
- Successfully complete formal and on the job training provided by line of business management in specialty area of underwriting.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate fundamental risk, make sound underwriting decisions, and perform basic customer service and marketing activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of laws, rules and regulations governing and underwriting systems.
- Works with Company Claims, Risk Management and other appropriate departments to become familiar with standards, requirements and reporting.
- Further develops underwriting knowledge through continuing formal education and course work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree or 2 years’ college attendance with emphasis in Business, Accounting, Statistics or related field preferred.
- 1 year experience as an Underwriting Assistant or related experience in Underwriting strongly preferred.
There are so many exciting and rewarding careers in the insurance industry. Bring your talents to ICW Group!
Meet Some of ICW Group's Employees
Associate Business Analyst
Anthony works with the different business units within the company to identify operational inefficiencies and business areas in need of improvement to implement data-driven solutions and drive results that the company is looking to achieve.
Back to top