- San Diego, CA
ICW Group is looking for a Data Engineer who will focus on Integration/MDM/Data Warehousing, defining and building the data pipelines, data quality check and cleansing solutions, including capturing throughput/error statistics. You will help to improve legacy processes and develop new solutions to enable faster and better data-informed decisions made within the business to prove system and process efficiencies and reduce overhead cost in terms of time and effort. Data pipelines will not only be performed to a high degree of stability, but solutions will also focus on the durability, mantainability and scalability of the processes for future needs for OLTP, OLAP. and MDM.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to define and build data pipelines to enhance company reporting and analytics capabilities. This position exists in order to enable data-informed decision-making within the business to improve system and process efficiencies and reduce overhead cost in terms of time and effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collects data and maintains comprehensive documentation.
- Optimizes performance, implements schema changes, and maintains data standards.
- Ensures proper data governance and quality across data repositories and schema.
- Documents the design and architecture of new and existing data models.
- Develops documentation and reports that provide intuitive analytics to customers.
- Maintains a comprehensive catalog of all the data streams, data mapping, and data dictionaries.
Manages data integrations and implementations.
- Designs and develops scalable ETL packages and data streams, and integrates data from internal and external data sources.
- Identifies best data sources among multiple sources to use for data pipelines to improve trust in data.
- Monitors production databases for potential migration issues.
- Gathers and implements database requirements, analyzes performance, and troubleshoots existing issues.
- Implements various data streams through collaboration with product management, business intelligence, and advanced analytics.
Works to minimize data disruption through analytics and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots incidents with data sources to minimize disruption to data architecture and data access.
- Conducts training for users and colleagues related to assigned projects.
- Completes advanced analytics projects.
- Analyzes complex data elements and systems, data flow, and dependencies.
- Contributes to conceptual physical and logical models.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Technology, or related degree preferred. Minimum 3 years of experience in a data engineering related role. Experience with internet technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Tableau, Power BI, or similar visual analytics platforms. Experience with SalesForce and Data Virtualization preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, building and integrating with API, analytics products like Alteryx, conceptual knowledge of database modelling, large and complex data sets, system management, SQL server reporting services or similar reporting platforms, analysis services and integration services.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Bachelors or better.
Back to top