CRM Implementation Specialist
- San Diego, CA
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new opportunity to serve as a strategic partner to project teams and oversee the implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) projects to advance our 360 degree view of the customer, as well as other business unit (BU) technology solutions that drive business growth. The position will organize, plan, and supervise the business components of complex IT programs across the corporation. The position will guide and assist the BU with daily support tasks such as fixing interface data issues, answering user questions, analyzing customizations, and working with IT program teams to apply custom code. This position exists to play a key role in change management and to ensure adoption of new solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drafts detailed, non-technical requirements in preparation for the Solution Development Team.
- Ensures proposed technology requirements align with business vision.
- Acts as intermediary with BU and IT stakeholders in a collaborative setting to gain alignment on go forward plans.
- Develops requirements that are digestible by IT Business Analysts and development teams for technical grooming and implementation.
- Signs off on IT functional and technical specifications.
- Writes manuals, Requests for Change, and standard operating business procedures as requested.
- Provides technology guidance and clarifies process Gaps; works directly with key internal stakeholders and executives to negotiate, escalate, and resolve issues.
- Serves as point of contact for presentations and negotiation of financial and resource commitments related to BU technology investments.
- Ensures proper documentation exists and maintained for processes and procedures.
- Serves as advisor to business and IT personnel, educating and encouraging use of Knowledge management tools and processes.
- Correlates business value and priorities to planning activities and goal setting.
- Ensures that new functionality and enhancements do not adversely affect existing IT solutions and support business functionality.
- Defines and negotiates both internal and external CX/CRM service level agreements for BU technology deployments.
Oversees implementation of CRM and BU system implementation projects.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Relationship Managers to manage User Acceptance Testing including writing the UAT test cases and overseeing/prioritizing issues reported.
- Works with the implementation team and other project managers to validate that a workable solution is created.
- Oversees and directs the IT program schedule and calendar, tracking overall program health against milestones for assigned business units.
- Proposes and manages training/implementation plan for designated department(s).
- Acts as an escalation point for both team member and Salesforce Admin team.
- Mitigates and manages critical escalations. Escalates issues to stakeholders when necessary.
- Writes Knowledge Base databases, develops business user training, and walkme software solutions.
- Handles moderate to complex user issues that arise with supported systems and tools. Addresses most calls independently; escalates the more complex problems to senior peers.
- Plans and manages support strategy around tools and processes.
- Creates, updates and reviews project plans, deliverables, budget and deadlines.
- Measures adoption and works with business leadership to develop future roadmap opportunities.
Partners with multiple business functions to drive CRM strategy and customer experience process improvements.
- Builds and manages effective relationships with departments across the organization.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the engagement with the business unit.
- Actively contributes to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
- Contributes to business case development.
- Serves as a thought leader and change agent to drive results.
- Develops a detailed understanding of business processes and serves as subject matter expert on behalf of stakeholders as new solutions are implemented.
- Participates, influences and drives cross-functional projects that influence CRM processes.
- Influences internal stakeholders to implement process improvements and processes to maximize technology performance and impact.
- Partners with business transformation teams (change management) to ensure effective business transformation for all BU technology initiatives.
- Partners with enterprise architecture to develop and maintain multi-year business capability roadmaps.
- Serves as a Liaison between IT and other business teams/units advocating for the needs of the business within IT.
- Runs demos and collects feedback on BU systems to drive adoption and stimulate enhancement (FRs) discussions.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university required with a major or emphasis in technology, business or a closely related field. Minimum 4-6 years business experience required.
Experience with business project management and managing risk to project plan required. 2 years of experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms required. 3+ years of experience using technology platforms (e.g., Contact Center, Fraud & Disputes, Implementations, Product, or Data Analytics, etc.) required, preferably in the financial industry.
1 year experience in business analysis preferred. Experience supporting enterprise applications, both front end usage along with back end processing preferred. Experience defining and maintaining a technology roadmap for CRM applications and assessing emerging technologies to ensure business needs are met preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional certification preferred. Salesforce certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to understand design aspects of CRM and in-depth understanding of Salesforce functions. Ability to write detailed business requirements understandable by developers and Salesforce admins. Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies. Strong organizational and prioritizing skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Prior experience consulting with senior leaders or decision makers required. Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment. Ability to liaise between technical and non-technical stakeholders with a consultative approach where there might be conflict.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top