Business Project Manager - Enterprise Marketing
- San Diego, CA
The Business Project Manager for Enterprise Marketing is accountable for driving a variety of marketing projects from creative concept and content and design through customer delivery while effectively leveraging department resources to contribute to business success. This position joins a dynamic and growing team focused on a broad range of marketing programs designated to fuel continued growth of a top tier, nationally ranked insurance company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs Enterprise-Marketing (EM) activities and ancillary duties that positively affect the overall capability of the department to deliver on project results.
- Serves as primary contact point for all major EM project requests and works with department leadership to prioritize EM project timelines and project delivery schedule.
- Contributes to overall marketing message development via content and design input and guidance marketing campaigns (e.g. email design, websites, sales collateral, corporate communications delivery, measurement & analysis.)
- Ensures ICW Group brand identity guidelines are upheld across internal and external marketing communications.
Creates and maintains department project plans, milestones, and required tasks for each project.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and prioritize key project areas.
- Develops accurate project estimates, and scope of work;
- Forecasts appropriate staff needed for project and ensures a proper project mix of team members.
- Identifies appropriate success metrics
- Gains buy-in and commitment with key team members and leadership
Leads department projects throughout the project life cycle
- Manages resources, which may include cross-functional members, ensuring on time and in-scope delivery of expected results;
- Tracks project completion and regularly reports on status to sponsor and other stakeholders;
- Creates contingency plans to mitigate schedule impact during implementation;
- Provides status updates and obtains necessary approvals through management updates, weekly meetings, and internal reviews;
- Delivers project expected results on time and within scope and budget ensuring success metrics are achieved;
- Follows up with constituents to ensure project implementation is driving desired results.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a field related to the relevant business or department.
Minimum 3-5 years of related experience and/or training in managing programs or projects for Marketing; or, equivalent combination of education and experience. B2B experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PMP certificate desirable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrated ability to understand and apply communications and engagement best practices to project success.
Experience working with data, developing project/program budgets, forecasting resource requirements and creating success metrics; Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Creative thinking and problem solving skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities.
Proficient in Marketing principles and best practices.
Technology: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
Working knowledge of marketing automation tools such as Pardot, Marketo and CRM Systems (e.g. Salesforce) – preferred.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top