Business Implementation Manager
- San Diego, CA
ICW Group’s Workers’ Compensation Underwriting team is continuing to grow and due to our expansion, we are currently recruiting for our next Business Implementation Manager. This position will direct and provide vision for future insurance technologies and explore the technological developments in the insurance sector. The role will also direct efforts of resources and assist in the development of business implementation strategy. This new team member will creatively research emerging technology trends in the insurance industry and responsibly handle the portfolio for projects; including management of the project schedule, cost, and quality of the total portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Identifies business needs with stakeholders and delivers on IT improvements.
- Recommends and implements policies, processes, and tracking mechanisms to be used by staff.
- Ensures that projects achieve objectives and are executed in a timely manner.
- Reviews and approves project estimates and statements of work for large and complex efforts or those which have a significant business impact regardless of size.
- Facilitates discussions with business and technical stakeholders throughout the requirements definition and functional design process for large projects or those with significant business impact.
- Reviews and approves user training plans for the largest/most complex projects.
Establishes performance objectives for department staff and reports on accomplishments.
- Directs and monitors the efforts of business analysts on project work plans.
- Manages project timelines for multiple efforts within the portfolio.
- Provides oversight and direction to business analysts on the approach, structure, and content for design review sessions.
- Facilitates and participates in user acceptance testing.
- Leads the effort to obtain agreement from the business owners on desired user documentation.
Oversees major change analysis activities.
- Serves as the final appeals point for escalated change control issues.
- Collaborates with appropriate parties to bring complex change control issues to a reasonable resolution.
- Communicates the results of these decisions to all affected stakeholders.
- Provides the strategic view of the impact of various training efforts and assesses impact on the distribution force.
- Conducts impact analysis stating company and enterprise implications.
Directly supervises employees within the Business Implementation team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Business, Computer Science, or related degree preferred. Minimum 10 years of experience managing multiple complex, large-scale, high risk business analysis projects. Minimum 3 years of experience managing a department operating budget and direct reports.
Preferred experience with technology terminology in order to guide interactions with vendors and ICW Group’s internal IT team.
Experience working for an insurance technology firm or within the technology sector of an insurance company is highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PMI certification in project management or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum required; CPCU designation a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Advanced skills in project management processes, tools and techniques, and analyzing/improving business processes with a technology solution. Strong leadership, negotiation, presentation and communication skills, competencies in analytical thinking, decision-making, strategic orientation, and results orientation. Demonstrated competency in managing, mentoring, and developing staff. Proven experience in managing financial and technology resources. Extensive knowledge of the insurance business and industry.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Manager/Director level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Back to top