Software Engineer II
- Dublin, Ireland
Software Engineer II (SEII) will be part of a team of some of the best and brightest in the industry who are focused on full-cycle development scalable web and responsive applications that touch our growing customer base every day. As part of the Labs team, SEII will work collaboratively with agile team members to enhance existing system functionality and to research and remedy issues as they arise , embodying a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is the talent cloud company that empowers organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent that builds a diverse, winning workforce. With an award-winning culture and multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we deliver technology that accelerates transformation for a community of more than 4,000 customers, including a third of the Fortune 100, that employ more than 30 million people worldwide. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational, and innovative work environment, and committed to consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us-apply today!
- Expertise and proficiency in multiple technologies and/or domain
- Develop, test and maintain scalable back-end applications
- Design and develop scalable and reliable automated test frameworks
- Collaborate with agile team members on achieving Sprint deliverables
- Implement new features and perform code reviews
- Research and resolve complex problems as they arise
- Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
- Mentor Software Engineers (I)
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS' policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- Solid experience with enterprise software development following industry best practices.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages or frameworks: Scala (Java as an alternative), ideally but not required with Akka exposure. If not advanced in Scala, we welcome enthusiasm in the language given previous experience in either Go / Java or functional languages (Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, ..).
- Hands-on experience in either multi-model (ArangoDB), SQL, document, graph or embedded databases.
- Core concepts we build upon: actor model, functional reactive programming, micro-services, streaming, TCP stack, versioning.
- Proficiency in one or more best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Advanced proficiency in test design, test creation, test execution and defect analysis/root cause investigation.
- Basic experience utilizing Docker containerization, usage of build and release tools such as Jenkins.
- Firm understanding of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques.
- Experience following Agile/SCRUM techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, who can proactively identify issues/opportunities, recommend and implement solutions.
- Interest in deep learning and/or software and algorithms optimization a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 3 years of software engineering experience.
- In lieu of bachelor's or technical degree, we will accept 2 additional years of software engineering experience.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
iCIMS offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an open vacation policy, sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity/bonding and parental leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.
Back to top