Senior Product Designer
- Holmdel, NJ
Are you someone who can understand users' needs, come up with a concept and assess its feasibility across all dimensions and execute flawlessly? Do you have solid Design Systems experience? If yes, then this is the role for you!
Our Product Design team crafts engaging and appealing experiences that make our customers lives easier. We shape our products strategy and play a major role in creating unified product experiences. We are a collaborative team that combines research, data and most importantly cross-functional collaboration to understand and meet users' needs. The ideal candidate has deep user empathy, a passion for simplifying complex problems, and a get-it-done mentality.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is the talent cloud company that empowers organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent that builds a diverse, winning workforce. With an award-winning culture and multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we deliver technology that supports approximately more than 4,000 contracted customers and a workforce of 30 million. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational, and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us-apply today!
- Create and develop thoughtful and appropriate design solutions by translating research insights into engaging experiences that satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints, whilst following Style Guides and the Design System.
- Distill high-level requirements into clear, understandable design solutions that engage stakeholders.
- Create and develop highly detailed, functional annotations, workflows, wireframes, pixel-perfect mock-ups, and prototypes for product, sales and agile engineering teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams; UX, Product, Researchers and Agile Engineering teams - in an iterative, transparent and feedback-oriented design and development process.
- Knowledge of Design Systems.
- Working knowledge of fundamental UX and UI design principles, industry trends, best practices, and agile and research methodologies.
- Present and constructively defend your design decisions.
- Advocate on behalf of our users and illustrate thought leadership around UX and UI methodologies throughout the organization.
- Facilitate workshops, gather research and data, and conduct competitive analysis to understand our users' needs and the problems we are solving.
- Iterate on process and procedure with the Design Manager and other senior members of the UX team.
- Help to onboard new UX team members.
- Provide support to junior and mid-level team members.
- Consistently ensure that business is frictionless, conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of UX and UI experience, with at least 3 years of software experience.
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of UI and UX work.
- Must have experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Proficiencies in Omnigraffle, Sketch, InVision, Marvel, Adobe Creative Suit or other relevant design tools.
- Contribute to the growth of the Design System and holistic product experience.
- Understanding of best practices for responsive, adaptive and web-based design, and SasS software.
- Experience working in medium to large project teams.
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards.
- Own projects end-to-end from understanding users to working with software engineers.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research, discovery, and design sprints to inform product decisions, and create and track user KPI's in partnership with product teams.
- Craft, plan, facilitate and synthesize user research.
- Must have a good work ethic, attitude towards growing and constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
- Able to provide estimates and meet deadlines.
- Take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail.
- Actively involved in defining product strategy.
- Ability to work with Front-end UI Developers to ensure design standards are met and maintained.
- Front-end coding experience a plus but not a necessity.
- Obsess over functional details and get excited to polish high-fidelity mock-ups until they are pixel-perfect.
- Craft designs with balance, composition, hierarchy, flow, and white space.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and take initiative.
- Maintain flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
- Strong written and communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- Participates in team reviews/critiques at various stages of the product life cycle.
- Know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism.
- Be humble.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top