Director, Inside Sales
The Director, Inside Sales, is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Inside Sales strategy and the successful leadership of the Inside sales management team and staff. This Director is responsible for the efficient and effective qualification of inbound Marketing- and Partner-generated leads in support of prospect sales revenue growth. The Director, Inside Sales reports into the Vice President, Sales. This position is based out of iCIMS’ Matawan, NJ headquarters.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies – passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation– then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider – delivering technology that supports more than 3,200 contracted customers around the globe. We are growing fast at +35% annually and are profitable – which creates a lot of opportunities for career growth within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
- In collaboration with Senior Management, develops and executes both short and long term sales plans and programs to ensure the profitability and growth of the iCIMS’ product line.
- Develops the strategies, processes, organizational structure, and metrics necessary to hit and exceed department objectives.
- Leads, coaches, develops and manages Sales Managers to improve individual and team performance and capability.
- Structures appropriate training and development to eliminate roadblocks to team performance in order to execute the strategic direction of the department and motivate the team to deliver consistent results.
- Develops a professional Inside Sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
- Establishes and maintains a merit-based, fun, dynamic work environment that appeals to the top talent in the field and enables operational objectives.
- Determines appropriate team incentive programs to foster the right behaviors across the teams and deliver the desired results.
- Assesses and acquires technology and tools to ensure the team works efficiently and effectively.
- Analyzes the productivity of the Inside Sales organization and recommends adjustments to staffing, quotas, commissions and resources in order to maximize results.
- Builds and maintains cross-departmental relationships and alignment with other senior leaders (Marketing, Product Mgmt, Customer Success, Client Relations, etc.) to maximize lead generation, opportunity creation, close rates, average deal size, and sales cycle by segment.
- Inspires teams to achieve goals and be an advocate for our customers through open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Effectively communicates strategy inter-departmentally and contributes to the annual strategic planning process.
- Communicates Inside Sales plans, processes, and forecasting/performance metrics across all levels of the organization.
- Provides reports on team metrics and results to department leadership and stakeholders.
- Maintains a synergistic relationship with Prospect Sales to increase department effectiveness.
- Collaborates with sales and product teams to establish inside sales activities and ensure alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ core competencies.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Uses Salesforce to track and record sales activity to ensure that metrics can be accurately measured.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
- Receives and takes action on feedback for continual professional improvement and development.
- Takes measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set through training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing Managers required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing team(s) of Inside Sales Representatives or Lead Qualification Representatives preferred.
- Proven track record for evaluating, hiring, and training Management-level resources and Individual Contributors.
- Proven experience with Inside Sales and Lead Qualification process development and systems in a metrics-driven business, software or technology business a plus.
- Consistent record of individual and team quota achievement.
- Proven leadership skills with experience building and growing high-performing teams.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must articulate thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Driven and passionate about leading, mentoring and developing sales professionals.
- Ability to set strategy and participate in business planning initiatives.
- Strong analytical and cross-departmental problem-solving skills with an ability to work under the pressure of a monthly sales cadence.
- Ability to facilitate sales skills and product training to increase sales acumen and effectiveness within the sales team.
- Demonstrated expertise in Inside Sales and qualification strategies, techniques, processes and measurements.
- Previous experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Strong motivator who is truly passionate about these business-critical functions.
- Previous experience managing Partner activities at a software company a big plus.
- Minimal travel possible, up to 5%.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top