Corporate Counsel- Enterprise SaaS Sales (Denver, CO or Remote)
- Denver, CO
Have you negotiated a high volume of complex contracts? Are you used to working with client-facing teams? We're looking for a creative problem-solver who's cool under pressure to join our team as a Corporate Counsel - Enterprise SaaS Sales, where you'll provide commercial contracting support and legal counsel for various business teams throughout the organization. In this role, you'll be working with name brand, global vendors, partners and customers to help us negotiate complex, SaaS agreements and other contracts. You'll negotiate issues relating to data privacy and security matters, provide legal and contract support for our extensive vendor marketplace, and help us negotiate strategic partnerships. To succeed, you'll need to be able to expertly identify nuanced legal issues with an eye to our business needs, and devise ways for the business to forge ahead when faced with potential roadblocks. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing, evolving technology company and help drive exciting new initiatives. If you're an organized, self-starter who lives for closing a deal, let's chat!
This position can be based out of the Denver, CO area or remote-based. Occasional travel required.
Headquartered in Holmdel, NJ, iCIMS is the talent cloud company that empowers organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent that builds a diverse, winning workforce. With an award-winning culture and multiple locations across the U.S. and around the globe, we deliver technology that accelerates transformation for a community of more than 4,000 customers, including a third of the Fortune 100, that employ more than 30 million people worldwide. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational, and innovative work environment, and committed to consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us-apply today!
The role will focus on the following key areas:
• Negotiate global, complex Enterprise customer and high-dollar vendor contracts, including, subscription, software licensing and services arrangements, as well as, partner and other strategic agreements with minimal need for escalation on commonly negotiated issues/topics.
• Act as an advisor to internal customers on a variety of legal matters.
• Drive product roadmap and strategic objectives tied to the company vision, while achieving the right risk balance for the business.
• Support execution on commercial, product, and strategic changes by understanding and providing guidance on the relevant legal issues, including creating new templates, policies, processes, and updates as necessary.
• Assist in driving compliance through drafting, reviewing, updating, and helping to audit and enforce internal policies and procedures, as well as, conduct various compliance training workshops.
• Participate in annual risk management assessment and remediation plans.
• Drive intellectual property protection and enforcement, including copyrights, trade secrets, and patents, as applicable.
• Assist with litigation and dispute resolution matters, as necessary.
• Mentor other team members.
• Partner to assist the business with disruption response for issues outside of normal business expectations, including incidents related to security, privacy, disaster recovery, and data integrity, as necessary.
• Conduct research on a variety of legal issues and act as an expert on several key areas.
• Help address global employment matters in collaboration with Talent/Human Resources, including country-specific employment arrangements, proprietary rights protection, non-compete arrangements, immigration matters, employee grievances, and employment terminations, as necessary.
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience negotiating complex software as a service, software licensing, professional services, and/or other technology transactions is required. 6+ years of related experience is preferred.
• Extensive experience in enterprise level sales contracts negotiations required.
• Ability to handle complex contracting issues while balancing with a positive internal and external customer experience.
• Experience in researching and analyzing federal, state, local, and international laws.
• Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team.
• Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior customer experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with the management and executive Team, and company employees.
• Ability to mentor peers in areas of expertise.
• Demonstrated success in displaying passion, drive, adaptability and innovation.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Proficient in the MS Office Suite.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing organization.
• Strong track record of success in building solid working relationships within various areas/business functions of the company.
• Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school required.
• Member in good standing with any state bar in the United States (and willing to become a member of the New Jersey bar or licensed as in-house counsel) required.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation & Benefits
Target Compensation - $148,500 - $198,000
iCIMS offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an open vacation policy, sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity/bonding and parental leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.
Back to top