Private Equity Fund Finance - Vice President
- New York, NY
iCapital Network is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
We are hiring for our Fund Finance team with a focus on Private Equity. You will be responsible for servicing Private Equity funds in conjunction with third-party administrators. This position will report to the Senior Vice President and work closely with various teams across iCapital on a variety of matters with responsibilities.
- Define, implement and maintain processes and procedures for servicing private equity feeder and multi-manager funds
- Work in close partnership with product and technology teams to enhance and automate key operational processes, and to develop and enhance product, management, and other reporting, targeting both efficiency and scale
- Participate in new fund structuring, set up and onboarding new products with administrators and custodians
- Provide oversight of fund administrators and other service providers, such as auditors, tax service providers, and custodians
- Manage all fund accounting and financial reporting to investors, including RIA and DTCC position reporting
- Follow and adhere to procedures for all subscriptions, redemptions, capital calls, and distributions
- Oversee quarterly and annual reporting to investors, their advisors and custodians through iCapital’s proprietary reporting platform
- Work with General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer to resolve problems as it pertains to general fund administration issues in a timely fashion to ensure general compliance with fund docs, SEC and FINRA
- Monitor fund cash positions and reconciliations, manage cash reserves, and run accounts payable and expense allocation process
- Oversee annual financial audits and tax deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other business-related field; CPA or other Accounting designation is a plus
- 10+ years of Accounting and Operations experience, with a focus on Private Equity Fund Administration. Feeder and multimanager fund experience is highly desired.
- Passion for the application of innovative technology
- Understanding of product management processes is a plus
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Organized and detailed oriented with big picture capability
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, and an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling; and generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time and parental leave.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our New York City, NY office. As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top