Vice President of Sales - CPG
Do you enjoy winning big by virtue of helping your clients to disrupt legacy media and promotional tactics? Are you an executive leader with excellent communication, selling and business development skills? If so, you may be a great fit for our Vice President of Sales - CPG role. In this position, you will be responsible for achieving revenue goals by building relationships and closing deals with major CPG brands. In additional to strategic sales responsibilities, you will also directly lead a team of motivated sales professionals.
- Independently develop and deliver sales presentations that educate prospective clients on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Attract, recruit, lead and retain a team of Sales Directors, Account Executives and Sales Development Associates
- Assist COO in setting the strategic vision for the sales department and own the execution of key departmental projects
- Meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships
- Identify and build relationships with key prospects such as brand executives, managers and advertisers through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Ensure high retention of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Partner with other functional teams to ensure client campaigns are successfully executed from start to finish
- Learn and leverage key principles of the “Challenger Sales Model” to maintain control of challenging and complex client opportunities
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7-10+ years of progressive sales experience
- Experience selling digital, mobile, or media advertising solutions, ideally to CPG firms
- World class written and verbal communication skills; ability to develop client pitch decks from scratch and communicate those messages to senior clients (Candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Experience building and cultivating relationships with strategic external partners
- Prior experience working in a high paced, evolving environment
- Willingness to achieve excellence across the entire sales spectrum (i.e., email outreach, cold calls, in-person presentations, etc.)
- Travel of up to 50% required
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
Back to top