Sr. Manager / Principal Data Scientist - Recommender Systems
Are you tired of the same routine? Want to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Sr. Manager / Principal Data Scientist - Recommender Systems to lead our Recommendation Engine team. As the Manager of Data Science - Recommender Systems you will be responsible for leading the team that is building our personalized content and recommendation system.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Manage, mentor and hire a world-class team of data scientists.
- Leverage Ibotta’s data asset to build machine learning driven personalization products as a lead technical contributor to the Data Science Recommendation Engine team.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and senior leadership to define the strategic direction for Ibotta’s recommendation engine.
- Ensure that Ibotta’s multivariate testing framework empirically evaluates the efficacy of product enhancements as quickly as possible.
- Communicate complex data science solutions, concepts and the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness of data science initiatives.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience in a Data Science tech lead and/or team management role.
- Advanced knowledge of a data science toolkit like: Python (strongly preferred), Spark ML or R.
- Experience working with distributed big-data tools like: Spark, Hive or Pig.
- Comfort working with data both in structured and unstructured forms.
- Experience writing production-ready code and implementing data science solutions in production environments.
- The ability to think critically, leverage domain expertise and translate high-level business objectives into tangible data science solutions.
- Substantial domain expertise developing large-scale recommendation and/or personalization products.
- Deep hands-on experience prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical machine learning models in high traffic applications.
- Experience with product release processes like automated testing and code reviews.
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Full-stack Web Developer
As a full-stack web developer, Alex uses agile processes to create web apps that meet the needs of Ibotta’s team, external clients, and users.
Back to top