Ibotta’s engineering team is growing and we’re looking for an additional Software Engineering Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. At Ibotta, our engineering team is organized cross-functionally by squads that work on a variety of solutions for the company, including the platform powering our app that is used by millions of consumers. We’re looking for a manager that is inspired by mentoring a talented group of world-class engineers and acting as a technical coach when needed.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Be an expert on the products and features your squads are building to solve the user problems identified with your product management partner
- Work with Product Management to prioritize, scope and plan business milestones.
- Build technical rollout plans to reach business milestones.
- Foster a positive engineering culture in line with Ibotta’s values.
- Work with Director to build Group technical roadmap.
- Ensure your squad has the people needed to be successful.
- Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business needs, while providing a transparent view to progress.
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers.
- Be a reliable decision maker.
- Perform the role of Product Manager on Engineering driven Squads.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, or 2+ years of proven tech leadership experience with the eagerness to take on more in the realm of team building
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Understands and has practiced agile software development and management
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $135,000-155,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.