Senior Director of Client Partnerships, CPG
- Develop and deliver innovative sales presentations that educate prospective clients and partners on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Own the entire business development process and client relationships, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new platforms, and evolving those platforms based on data-driven results
- Unlock business from new and existing clients, using a combination of innovative tactics to capture spend from competitors, traditional digital players, and legacy tactics
- Beat annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and execution of new businesses and expansion of existing business
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry.
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 8+ years of national B2B business development experience in Shopper Marketing, CPG or Grocery
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, with a demonstration of the ability to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 40% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Cincinnati, Minneapolis, or Chicago and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, remote stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top