Senior Data Scientist
Are you tired of the same routine? Want to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will help build out innovative new analytical capabilities. As a Sr. Data Scientist you will be responsible for serving as a technical analytics lead to help deliver against our business objectives.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and manage large scale, big data-driven predictive models that are integrated with key product features. Some examples of potential projects include:
- Recommendation system that leverages robust, granular customer data sets, various modeling approaches and live multivariate testing to ensure the most relevant content is shown to each user
- Real-time pricing optimization algorithm that utilizes data
- Look-alike modeling algorithms that help find “similar” clusters of users based on known attributes
- A churn prediction and prevention engine that pairs predictive models with key messaging to prevent churn
- Collaborate with Engineering and Advanced Analytics leads to establish analytic standards and platforms that scale and can be leveraged in various initiatives throughout the organization
- Ensure that testing and validation is a pervasive component of data science solutions
- Deliver world class data-driven products in partnership with cross functional teams (Product Managers, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, etc.)
- Communicate complex data science solutions, concepts and the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness of data science initiatives
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Ability to write analytics code that can run in our production environment
- You’re a critical thinker with an ability to apply your analytical insights and modeling skills to a specific domain and application
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud services platform)
- Deep hands-on experience prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical machine learning models in high traffic applications
- Command of principles of machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining algorithms, and mathematical segmentation and modeling
- Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to at least one of these areas: Cluster Analysis, Probabilistic Modeling, Supervised Learning, Neural Net, or Anomaly Detection
- Ability to move data from a database or an API, through a transformation or two, and into a model for real-time access and/or into human-readable form (BI/visualization tool, D3 visualization, Excel chart, etc.)
- Know Python, Java, R, or Julia
- Advanced knowledge of two or more of the following analytics languages/toolkits: Python (strongly preferred; specifically with scipy, numpy, scikit-learn etc), R, SQL, SAS, SPSS
- You're a self-starter that's highly accountable and will take ownership of delivering your work
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent analytics role
- Strong understanding of big data concepts and knowledge of big data languages/tools such as Hive, Pig, Mahout or Spark (MLLib)
- Experience operating in a Linux environment
- Recent experience building Recommender Systems, Look-alike Models, or Pricing Optimization Systems is a big plus
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Looker is a plus
- Experience with machine learning in a distributed setting e.g. with Hadoop or Spark is a plus
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top