Senior Data Scientist
Are you tired of the same routine? Want to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will help build out innovative new analytical capabilities. As a Sr. Data Scientist you will be responsible for serving as a technical analytics lead to help deliver against our business objectives.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop and manage large scale, big data-driven machine learning models that are integrated with key product features. Some examples of potential projects include:
- Recommendation system that leverages robust, granular customer data sets and various modeling approaches to ensure the most relevant content is shown to each user
- Real-time user-specific pricing optimization
- Look-alike modeling algorithms that determine a user’s propensity to take an action in the future
- Multivariate testing framework that empirically evaluates the efficacy of product enhancements as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with Engineering and Advanced Analytics leads to establish analytic standards and platforms that scale and can be leveraged in various initiatives throughout the organization
- Ensure that testing and validation is a pervasive component of data science solutions
- Deliver world class data-driven products in partnership with cross functional teams (Product Managers, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, etc.)
- Communicate complex data science solutions, concepts and the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness of data science initiatives
- Mentor a growing team of junior team members who are hungry to learn from experienced data scientists
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Scientist, or equivalent analytics role, focusing on machine learning and/or statistical modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of a data science toolkit like: Python (strongly preferred), Spark ML or R.
- Experience working with distributed big-data tools like: Spark, Hive or Presto.
- Comfort working with data both in structured and unstructured forms.
- Experience writing production-ready code and implementing data science solutions in production environments.
- The ability to think critically, leverage domain expertise and translate high-level business objectives into tangible data science solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a big plus: recommendation systems, statistically-sound marketing attribution, profiling and optimizing predictive models or real-time pricing optimization.
- Deep hands-on experience prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical machine learning models in high traffic applications.
- Experience with product release processes like automated testing and code reviews.
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS.
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 21 million downloads and has put more than $150 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Director of Account Management
As the Director of Account Management, Amy’s team is in charge of maintaining clients, keeping them happy, and orchestrating successful launch campaigns for them all.
Back to top