We love analytics so much we named our team Ibottalytics! As a Senior Analyst you will prioritize and perform analyses, to provide compelling, actionable data-driven recommendations to support Ibotta’s new data insights division (Ibottalytics). This is an excellent opportunity to advance Ibotta’s mission with data-driven insights while influencing one of our biggest strategic decisions. You will become a “go to” expert while working closely with internal stakeholders to support various Ibottalytics initiatives.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze massive amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and behavior
- Conduct time sensitive ad-hoc analyses, but have the desire and ability to automate repetitive tasks
- Communicate analyses and data intricacies to external clients, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Sample projects:
- Extract, wrangle, deliver, and automate large data transfers (on the order of 1011 rows)
- Manage, monitor, and provide recommendations on the quality of various data streams
- Run statistical analysis and predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Analyze and deliver client data to provide actionable insights about the effectiveness of running campaigns on the ibotta platform above and beyond standard analysis
- Co-author case studies and white papers that help promote the Ibottalytics name in the retailer, shopper marketing, ad tech industries
Here is what we are looking for:
- Extremely strong data wrangling, statistical and analytical skills
- 3+ years practical work experience in Analytics within an agile organization, preferably in a consumer facing industry
- Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, and communicate reporting to management and external clients
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets (billions of records) to create compelling stories for key stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of SQL required
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (R or Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Storage Platforms (AWS strongly preferred)
- Comfortable working on a command line interface
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence platforms such as Looker or Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with statistical inference and machine learning concepts a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 21 million downloads and has put more than $150 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Full-stack Web Developer
As a full-stack web developer, Alex uses agile processes to create web apps that meet the needs of Ibotta’s team, external clients, and users.
Back to top