Platform Security Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Platform Security Engineer to develop software and processes to protect our savers’ privacy. As part of the Security team, you will work with Data, Infrastructure, and IT Security experts to ensure Ibotta is a good steward of our savers’ data. Are you driven to secure applications and systems? Do you have a passion for evangelizing security best practices. We’re looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building and scaling secure systems and applications, using technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Java, Kotlin, Typescript, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Vue, React, iOS, Android, etc. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Provide security consultation to feature development teams
- Perform Code Reviews with an eye to security when appropriate
- Integrate Secure development practices into our SDLC
- Build security oriented automated integration tests
- Manage third party security partners including bug bounty programs and pen testers
- Drive a culture of DevSecOps throughout the Technology department
- Open Source Vulnerability management
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Advanced user of the Linux operating system
- Fluent in multiple languages, including Ruby, Typescript, and Java
- Experience with Version Control software (e.g., RCS, SVN, Git, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with systems and network security, including penetration tools, exploits, and attacks
- Experience with PCI-DSS, SOC 2, SOX, GDPR, WebTrust, etc. compliance activities
- Experience with industry standard security and compliance automation, such as SCAP/XCCDF/Oval
- Strong background in Agile development and secure SDLC
- Superior organizational and communications skills
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top