Ibotta is looking for a Platform Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Redis, machine learning and OCR. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
- Work with cross-functional team to design and develop API's for new features
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Work with big data sets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Ship production code on a daily basis
- Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, performant, high transaction services
- Expert experience across relevant technologies including Ruby, Java, PHP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, Postgres or other RDMS
- Experience building APIs for internal or external applications
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Extensive knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- Well-versed in MVC frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience scaling a platform to hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud or Google Cloud
- Experience with machine learning technologies
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet or Rubber
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top