Ibotta is looking for a Payroll Lead who will be responsible for accurately paying our growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll process from time tracking to processing to reporting. The ideal candidate has independently run all things payroll at a fast-growing, dynamic company.
- Leads multi-state payroll processing for approximately 400+ employees (exempt & non-exempt) on a bi-weekly basis, including time entry, garnishments, personal time off (PTO), bonuses, benefits and 401K deductions.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Works closely with accounting to ensure the accurate and timely posting of journal entries from the payroll system.
- Assures payroll information is accurate through review and audit and completion of all payroll reconciliations on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assists accounting with month-end close reconciliations and fluctuation analysis related to salary accounts.
- Partners with Treasury to provide estimated payroll funding requirements.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Ensures systems are set up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits and PTO.
- Owns the technical set-up and maintenance of HR/Payroll system, including integrations, benefits and PTO plans.
- Lead special projects, as needed.
- 5 – 7 years of payroll experience required
- College degree required
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
- CPP a plus
- Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems
- Deep understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including report writing skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
- Strategic thinker for growing organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Director of Account Management
As the Director of Account Management, Amy’s team is in charge of maintaining clients, keeping them happy, and orchestrating successful launch campaigns for them all.
Back to top