Network Engineer (IT)
The Network Engineer at Ibotta works with the Infrastructure group and will handle all escalated requests and incidents related to the position. The Network Engineer will ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected client devices and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Here is what you’ll do:
- Provide Tier II level support in an enterprise level
- Diagnose/troubleshoot/Manage all networking equipment as switches, routers, firewalls, network attached storage devices, VoIP/Softphones and AV equipment.
- Work with leading networking manufacturers (Cisco Meraki/Checkpoint/Polycom/Crestron)
- Work with other network engineers to perform root cause analysis and develop permanent solutions to prevent recurring issues
- Provide preventative maintenance on currently installed hardware equipment systems, to ensure all versions are up-to-date as recommended
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations
- Schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Assist in implementing IPS/IDS policies and firewall rules
- On-call for nights and weekends for projects and/or outages
- Create supporting documentation, help manuals and how-to guides
- Develop and document technical procedures including testing of hardware and software products
- Conduct routine audits of network environment to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree in technology or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in a Junior Network Engineer role required
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco Meraki hardware required
- General knowledge of cloud based infrastructure (Azure/Aws)
- Able to multi-task without sacrificing attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The candidate should have intermediate networking skills including: troubleshooting network problems, traffic monitoring, device connectivity and debugging, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, MPLS, EGIRP, SSH, Traffic shaping and WAN Technologies
- Strong understanding and knowledge of troubleshooting hardware problems
- Experience with, VoIP and/or hosted phone system solutions desired
- Holds or is working towards. Network+, Security+, certifications, CCNA, CCSA (R77.30)
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Phil partners with Ibotta's Mobile and Product Design Teams to constantly improve Ibotta's user interface and user experience, ultimately helping Ibotta shoppers earn more money faster.
Back to top