Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Infrastructure Automation Engineer to come build something great with us! As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies using Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Platform Infrastructure team to drive engineering productivity and empowerment in a large cloud infrastructure using AWS and Kubernetes.
- Develop tools to enable product developer self-service access, at velocity, for infrastructure creation and management.
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Maintain infrastructure for big data analysis (billions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for a reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Implement security best practices across the infrastructure
- Ship production code on a daily basis
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 1+ years of experience in DevOps or software development
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform
- Familiarity with the command line, including shell scripting in bash/zsh
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Experience with a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience managing and deploying highly available systems
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting a production platform to hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery for applications and infrastructure
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Phil partners with Ibotta's Mobile and Product Design Teams to constantly improve Ibotta's user interface and user experience, ultimately helping Ibotta shoppers earn more money faster.
Back to top