Ibotta is looking for a Fullstack Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the ibotta.com web app as well as internal web tools. We’re looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building fast, scalable and elegant REST APIs. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional team to design and build new features for ibotta.com
- Build and maintain several Rails RESTful APIs
- Occasional work on Node.js and the EmberJS front end code bases
- Work with internal customers to build new workflow tools
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we’re shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Ship production code on a daily basis
What will make you a great fit:
- History of building and launching production APIs with Ruby on Rails
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience working in all layers of the technology stack: Linux,
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Extensive knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- Well-versed in MVC frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with EmberJS, AngularJS, React or Backbone.js
- Working knowledge of CSS and style pre-processors (SCSS, SASS, Less)
- Comfortable designing and querying tables with MySQL or Postgres
- Experience caching with memcache & Redis
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud or Google Cloud
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or minitest
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top