Director of Data Science
As a Director of Data Science, you’ll become the internal voice of our Data Science strategy and product. You will build out our Data Science team and drive the adoption of machine learning and predictive analytics inside of Ibotta, to fuel a long-term competitive advantage. You will become a “go to” expert on data science initiatives inside the organization and will report directly to our Vice President of Analytics.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Build and lead a team of 10+ data scientists in developing high-quality, robust predictive algorithms for recommendations, pricing optimization, look-alike modeling, and more
- Recruit, motivate, and develop the best data science talent in Colorado
- Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, and monitoring data science projects
- Aggressively drive innovation that creates proprietary advantage for Ibotta
- Define Ibotta’s modeling strategy and manages project pipeline for internal and external modeling efforts
- Translate unstructured business problems into well-defined machine learning projects across the company
- Help develop robust, scalable infrastructure for real-time predictions in a production environment by working alongside engineering counterparts
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Business Analysts to identify and manage high leverage opportunities for data science work
- Represent Ibotta in calls, meetings, conferences to advance Ibotta’s position as the world’s leading Machine Learning team
Here is what we are looking for:
- Expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science including SQL, Python and R as applied to data science.
- Graduate Degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
- 10+ years creating predictive models using advanced machine learning techniques
- 5+ years managing a team of data scientists
- Executive presence/gravitas, polished executive-level communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other big data platforms
- Experience collaborating in a version control system such as git
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top