Ibotta is looking for a DevOps Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies using AWS, Ruby on Rails, Redis, machine learning and OCR. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with cross-functional team to maintain and scale a large cloud infrastructure using AWS
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Maintain infrastructure for big data analysis (Billions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for a reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Implement security best practices across the infrastructure
- Ship production code on a daily basis
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 1+ years of experience in DevOps or software development
- Familiarity with the command line, including shell scripting in bash/zsh
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Knowledge of best practices for an always-available service
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Rubber
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting a production platform to hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- NoSQL experience.
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 21 million downloads and has put more than $150 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Director of Account Management
As the Director of Account Management, Amy’s team is in charge of maintaining clients, keeping them happy, and orchestrating successful launch campaigns for them all.
Back to top