Ibotta is looking for a DevOps Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies using AWS, Ruby on Rails, Redis, machine learning and OCR. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with cross-functional team to maintain and scale a large cloud infrastructure using AWS
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Maintain infrastructure for big data analysis (Billions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for a reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Implement security best practices across the infrastructure
- Ship production code on a daily basis
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 1+ years of experience in DevOps or software development
- Familiarity with the command line, including shell scripting in bash/zsh
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Knowledge of best practices for an always-available service
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Rubber
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting a production platform to hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- NoSQL experience.
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Full-stack Web Developer
As a full-stack web developer, Alex uses agile processes to create web apps that meet the needs of Ibotta’s team, external clients, and users.
Back to top