We love analytics so much we named our team Ibottalytics! As a Client Analyst, you will prioritize and perform analyses, to provide compelling, actionable data-driven recommendations to support Ibotta’s new data insights division (Ibottalytics). This is an excellent opportunity to advance Ibotta’s mission with data-driven insights while influencing one of our biggest strategic decisions. You will become a “go to” expert while working closely with internal stakeholders to support various Ibottalytics initiatives.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Conduct time sensitive ad-hoc analyses, but have the desire and ability to automate repetitive tasks
- Work cross-functionally to analyze massive amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and behavior
- Communicate analyses and data intricacies to external clients, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Balance delivering ad-hoc requests with multiple internal projects to better drive business decisions
- Sample projects:
- Extract, wrangle, deliver, and automate large data transfers to create compelling stories for key stakeholders
- Manage, monitor, and provide recommendations on the quality of various data streams
- Run statistical analysis and predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Analyze and deliver client data to provide actionable insights about the effectiveness of running campaigns on the Ibotta platform above and beyond standard analysis
Here is what we are looking for:
- Ability to comprehend, communicate, and deliver ad hoc requests to internal and external clients
- Strong data wrangling, statistical and analytical skills
- 2+ years practical work experience in Analytics within an agile organization, preferably in a consumer facing industry
- Advanced knowledge of SQL required
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence platforms such as Looker or Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with statistical inference and machine learning concepts a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Full-stack Web Developer
As a full-stack web developer, Alex uses agile processes to create web apps that meet the needs of Ibotta’s team, external clients, and users.
Back to top