Business Development Account Executive, Client Partnerships
Do you enjoy winning big by virtue of helping your clients to disrupt legacy media and promotional tactics? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading advertisers think about mobile marketing, and we are looking for winners to join our rapidly growing sales and business development team. We employ a team-based approach to client development, and wake up every day excited to disrupt multiple legacy industries. To be successful in this role, you will have adept skills in leading the entirety of the sales process, from initial prospecting to leading in-person discussions and developing and delivering presentations with C-Level executives. You'll provide dedicated support to a top alcohol beverage client partner.
- Meet/exceed annual revenue target through the development, advancement and enhancement of this key client partnership
- Identify and build relationships with various constituents within our client, such as brand executives, trade marketing managers and consumer insights teams through networking and other internal referrals
- Develop and deliver sales presentations that educate and train our client on Ibotta’s value proposition, how best to integrate with Ibotta and utilize in executing successful trade, retail and marketing campaigns
- Execute adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements on an ongoing basis
- Provide regular updates with sales regions and national/regional chain teams on Ibotta platform performance, new capabilities, how to sell into retail, etc.
- Provide data to support wholesaler and retailer meetings; assist in selling in Ibotta programs
- Learn and leverage key principles of the “Challenger Sales Model” to maintain control of challenging and complex client, retailer and distributor opportunities
- Push integrations with Mobile Commerce partners
- Share best practices and learnings from national programs and how to recreate on a regional level
- Develop expertise in regional and chain programming
- Provide recommendations on leveraging capabilities around surveys, multiple offer redemptions, dynamic segmentation
- Train and manage adoption amongst client sales, chain, trade marketing and brand teams
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 3-5+ years of progressive sales experience
- Experience selling digital, mobile, or media advertising solutions into verticals such as CPG, Retail, or Beer, Wine & Spirits is required
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must (Candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Prior experience working in a high paced, evolving environment
- Willingness to achieve excellence across the entire sales spectrum (i.e., email outreach, cold calls, in-person presentations, etc.)
- Travel up to 50% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Phil partners with Ibotta's Mobile and Product Design Teams to constantly improve Ibotta's user interface and user experience, ultimately helping Ibotta shoppers earn more money faster.
Back to top