Big Data Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Big Data Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work with both Engineering and Analytics to build and own stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working with technologies including AWS Data Pipeline, Redshift, DynamoDB, and EMR (Hadoop, Spark, MapR), as well as non-AWS technologies. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with engineering, analytics and product management to implement data-driven features
- Work with big data sets (on the order of 1011 rows)
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Administer and maintain our AWS Redshift clusters, EMR, and other data infrastructure
- Design, create, and optimize database schemas
- Work with Analytics to productionize machine learning systems
- Share relevant knowledge with Engineering and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
- Strong experience with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, Bigtable, or other big data stores
- Strong experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS)
- Strong experience with ETL tools and processes
- Ability to work with data scientists and analysts
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Strong knowledge of database design and architecture principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Phil partners with Ibotta's Mobile and Product Design Teams to constantly improve Ibotta's user interface and user experience, ultimately helping Ibotta shoppers earn more money faster.
Back to top