Big Data Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Big Data Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work with both Engineering and Analytics to build and own stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working with technologies including AWS Data Pipeline, Redshift, DynamoDB, and EMR (Hadoop, Spark, MapR), as well as non-AWS technologies. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with engineering, analytics and product management to implement data-driven features
- Work with big data sets (on the order of 1011 rows)
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Administer and maintain our AWS Redshift clusters, EMR, and other data infrastructure
- Design, create, and optimize database schemas
- Work with Analytics to productionize machine learning systems
- Share relevant knowledge with Engineering and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
- Expert experience with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, Bigtable, or other big data stores
- Expert experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS)
- Expert experience with ETL tools and processes
- Strong experience working with data scientists and analysts
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Extensive knowledge of database design and architecture principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in software development
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top