Associate User Experience Researcher
Ibotta is looking for an Associate User Experience Researcher to deliver actionable and meaningful UX insights to help Ibotta achieve its mission of making every purchase rewarding for our consumers. You will partner with product managers, product designers, engineers and analysts to test and optimize all stages of product development [e.g. from new opportunities to refinement of the current Ibotta user experience]. We are looking for a researcher with experience in qualitative research methodologies to improve the experience for our customers and achieve business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Independently manage the day-to-day responsibilities of organizing, scheduling, recruiting for and conducting generative and evaluative UX research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work cross-functionally with teams to define research objectives and create and execute research plans that address those objectives
- Identify key insights from research and provide clear implications / recommendations to teams to inform and optimize product strategy and tactics within the organization
- Socialize research findings at various levels of the organization
- Manage third-party research applications and vendors as necessary [e.g. Ethn.io, Lookback etc.]
- Evangelize UX research best practices across the company
- Facilitate ideation sessions with teams in the organization [as needed]
What we are looking for:
- 1-2 years related work experience in setting up and conducting UX research
- Education or experience in a relevant field (such as UX Design, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, etc…)
- Basic understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, survey design, and remote research methods
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of UX principles, both design and research
- Proven ability to be an effective member of a cross-functional team, successfully driving impact on the team with research insights
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and marketers
- Comfort managing multiple projects concurrently, including the logistics of participant recruiting
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Back to top